Friday, June 5, 2009

Praying, Pondering, & Channeling

When I was a little boy of nine years old, I started praying very sincerely after my father died. I asked why he had to die, and over the next year or so, I ending up asking why everything else in the universe happened. If I didn’t immediately get answers, I’d have them when I woke up in the morning.

One day, I wondered what God looked like, and like all of the rest of my questions, I got an answer. I saw him as a stocky, dark haired man with a short dark beard. About a dozen years later, I happened to find a picture of this man. I thought I was praying to God all that time, but the picture said it was of an ancient Tibetan master by the name of Rebazar Tarz.

Over the years (decades), I began to question that experience, but when I met and married a woman who channels, I asked in channeling if that person I prayed to was really Rebazar. Rasha confirmed that he was. He added that this Tibetan master still checks in on me now and then.

My question is this: Do we really know who we’re talking to when we pray or ponder? We assume we’re talking to God or ourselves. Still, do you really know who that voice in your head is? Most everyone assumes they know the answer to that. Some say with conviction that they go "right to the source" and pray to God. Others are proud of their own intuition.

We all have to assume we know what’s going on or we’d go a little crazy. Still, I’d venture to say that no matter what we think, we don’t really know what’s actually happening most of the time. We can’t usually figure out why this world works the way it does let alone whose helping us when we think we’re pondering or praying all by ourselves.

Hunt Henion
www.shiftawareness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment