Friday, April 24, 2009

Interview followup and Spring Cleaning

Afterthoughts

My radio interview yesterday on CBS Psychic Radio (www.psychiconair.com) started off amazingly well! Kimmie, who really is amazingly insightful, had read much of our web site and started by telling her audience that “he has the truth!” However, toward the end, they threw me a question I hadn’t anticipated.

Referring to my book, “The BIG Fake-out, the illusion of limits,” she simply asked, “What is THE Big Fake-out?”

So, I immediately shot myself in the foot by launching into a direct answer to that question: “Almost everything we see or perceive is illusion. None of it’s real!” Well, as true as that might be, it’s not a very constructive approach. Oopse. Although Kimmie assured me I did great, I’m afraid I probably lost my interviewers and many of the listeners right there.

I could have taken baby steps toward that answer by saying something like, “The idea that human potential is limited by our circumstances is an example of how life fakes us out.” That would have gotten the abundance crowd on board.

Or I could have discussed the loving, intelligent reality behind all the commotion and illusion in the world. Looking for what real behind all the commotion in the world is really at the root of ALL spiritual pursuits!

I could have waned poetic or even have been obscure. I could have given any number of partial answers or examples to whittle away at the answer. But no! I took the direct approach, lost points, and got another valuable reminder that I’m still human. Oh well.

Misc. Announcements

Our new web site www.shiftawareness.com is up now. It’s far from complete, but at least it looks better than the one I threw up a year or so ago. We’ll add to what you see there and then we’ll put up the shopping cart ASAP.

Book Updates: We now have all three books available in eBook form. Also, The Don Q Point of View has been converted to Kindle and Mobipocket format. That book in those formats should be available from Amazon and elsewhere in a week or so. The Don Q Point of View has also been printed. It’s available now from Shift Awareness Books and should be up on Amazon any time now.

My first book, “The Ancient Secret of the BIG Fake-out,” – the only book I’ve actually had printed and available until now, after being awarded 2nd place in the book of the year award by Reader Views in the Body, Mind Spirit category, has been revamped and retitled: The BIG Fake-out, the illusion of limits.” It should be printed and available in a few weeks.

So... we're giving away the first edition, award winning, "Ancient Secret of the BIG Fake-out" with any purchase of the printed book: "The Don Q Point of View."

Marketing
Now that all the books are just about ready, I’m going to do a test mailing to 100,000 metaphysical online buyers. I thought I might like to offer incentives to buy one of my books. So, if you have a free offer you’d like to present to a ton of potential customers, at no cost to you, please write me at hunt@eurekadsl.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment